Advanced Water-Related Geohazards Predictor provides a water-related geohazards prediction processing workflow with Sentinel-2 GeoTIFF format scenes.
This processing block is developed and launched for providing the users with a convenient way to query for the water-related geohazards (such as flooding, exposure to the water body, etc.) for their interested areas.
Any place on Earth can be queried at any time for the predicted water-related geohazards.
Assuming Sentinel-2 Level 2 (GeoTIFF) all-bands data as an input, the block uses models based on machine learning and time-series analysis to automatically provide the potential water-related incidents on the interested area as an output.
Note: This block requires images from two time periods - please set 'limit = 2' in the job parameters for running this algorithm. Otherwise, the block fails.
The overall accuracy is around 85%. The algorithm successfully predicted one flooding issue in Langley, BC, Canada, six months in advance.
Input parameter description
Results (different time-series) from Sentinel-2 Level 2 (GeoTIFF); The user needs to provide the two time periods on the json request for the data block Sentinel-2 Level 2 (GeoTIFF).
Output format description
- JSON file - JSON list of the geohash codes and coordinates for the predicted water-related geohazards on the user's interested area.
- HTML file - Visualised predicted water-related geohazards on map (Area without box plotted: No risk; Area with wheat box - Low risk; Area with orange box - medium risk; Area with orange box - hight risk.)
Geohazards and incidents are everybody's concerns. Knowledge of geohazards and predicted incidents enables stakeholders to prevent losses. We listed the system users and use cases for them:
- Individuals. They could use this processing block to check the risk level for their houses/apartments when they are purchasing or renting. Besides, knowing the predictions of water-related geohazards may happen, the householders will be able to act to eliminate the loss.
- Oil & Gas Companies. Oil & gas companies seek methods that do not have to install sensors and provide them with the prediction of geohazards and incidents near the pipeline or stations. By using the predictions of water-related geohazards may nearby the pipeline, the oil/gas company can act in advance to avoid issues like Exposure to water body.
- Insurance Companies.The geohazards and incidents prediction will allow them to have a better pricing strategy and save millions of dollars per year.
- Communities.The prediction of water-related geohazards could enable them to act in advance to avoid the loss caused by the incidents and geohazards.
For more information about Platoi and this algorithm, please see the provider website.
End User License Agreement
View the End User License Agreement conditions in a new tab.